Kits for Kids Program Overview
The SoCalREN Kits for Kids Program introduces 4th grade students from participating schools to energy efficiency and how it can help their families save money and improve their comfort and safety at home. Students perform an interactive scavenger hunt and receive energy-efficient items at no cost that can help their families save energy and money.
Participation includes each household installing the energy-efficient items from the kit in their home. Each enrolled classroom is eligible to receive a $1,000 grant if 65% if students install the energy-efficient items and provide proof of installation.
- Students take kits home with energy-efficient items, installation instructions, and educational activities
- Students complete at-home activity with parent/guardian.
- Families install measures around their home
- Households receive energy savings.
- Classrooms receive a $1,000 grant after teachers report installation
- Students must be in 4th grade.
- School must be within SoCalREN service area.
- 4th grade classrooms with 3rd grade students who previously participated in the program are not eligible.
- Enrollment is based on available funding.
- Educate students, teachers, and parents/guardians about the importance of EE initiatives.
- Energy savings through the installation of measures.
- Provide financial relief to families through both energy savings and no-cost measures provided in each kit.
- Increase climate action within residential communities.
- Provide grant support to classrooms who meet the participation goal.
What’s in the Kit
- Two (2) LED Bulbs - LED Bulbs Made Easy: Just Look for the ENERGY STAR
- One (1) Efficient Showerhead
- Two (2) Faucet Aerators
- One (1) 1.5 GPM Kitchen Faucet Aerator
- One (1) 1.0 GPM Bath Faucet Aerator
Ready to Get Started? Contact Us Today!
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org